Friday, January 7, 2011

From the 14th to the 21st

On Jan 3rd I turned in my 2 weeks notice.  To Cheri and then to Lorie.  Cheri emailed me a sad face and Lorie looked askance at the 2 week notice, all I have to legally give, and then said something about finding my replacement and needing more time and blah, blah, blah and in the end I ended up extending my notice to 3 weeks.  So my last day will be on Jan 21st.  Not a huge deal, but her look of surprise, surprised me as I told them over 6 mos ago that I would be leaving. 

I contacted Pods... good lord are they expensive.  I have contacted Penske... they are about 1000$ cheaper.  Even Uhaul was pretty expensive.  I didn't realize how expensive moving west would be.  By that I mean I knew that it wasn't going to be cheap, but 1500-3500$ to move a few rooms of possessions seems a little exorbitant, but I guess every one is out to make a buck so there. 

Our estimated date of departure is Feb 7th.  Exactly one month from today.  Wow.  I am both excited and nervous about this huge step I am taking.  I know that I am ready for it.  I can feel it and I no longer have any doubts about that.  It feels good to have made a decision and to go through with it, 100%. 

Packing is going... slowly, but it is going.  The DVDs are all packed away and I have gotten rid of many books and VHS that I haven't read or watched in several years.  Boxes are beginning to pile up in my room, in the living room and there are boxes in the basement that are in the "Going to Colorado" pile.

I need to get the cherry bedroom set from my parents house as I want to take that instead of the stuff that I have.  It was my brothers, when he was a boy and it moved with him to Bowling Green I think and it has come back home and now it has been mine for the past 10 years... I'm ready for something else.  :)  Mom, I know you are reading this... we need to make some arrangements on this.

As for now I think that is it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment