Wednesday, November 3, 2010

In the beginning...

Back in February or March of this year.. or possibly even earlier... like January... Leo spoke of the possibility of he and Andrea moving to Denver next year for a job.  Cameron Mitchell is planning on opening a restaurant in the Historical District of downtown Denver called Ocean Prime and Leo was seriously considering applying for the position.  It works well for them both as Andrea's family lives outside of Denver.  I sat stunned because I immediately thought "Where am I going to go?"  I have really enjoyed living with Andrea and Leo. We all get along and it has worked out really well for me.  So I asked them..."What happens to me?"  and they replied... "Why don't you come with us."  Or something to that effect.  I thought about it...and thought about it... and these thoughts flitted across my mind..
    
     "I am 30 years old and I have lived my entire life, here in Ohio."
     "I am not married."
     "I don't have any children."
     "I don't own a home."
     "Why NOT go to Denver??"

As time went by, as it always does, Leo applied and was being "considered".... I finally came to my decision.  This will be my last year at the Ohio Renaissance Festival.  This will be my last year as Queen Elizabeth.  This will be my last year in Ohio.  I announced, in the kitchen to be exact, that "Yes.  I would go with them to Denver... after all three incomes are better than two."  What a wonderfully freeing declaration. 

Not long after that I told my mom that there was a chance that I would be moving to Colorado.  She didn't believe me, not at first and well, I don't blame her. It's a crazy idea.  It's far away from home and everything I have ever known.  I would be leaving my nieces and my nephew and all my family.  I would be, essentially on my own to succeed or fail, accordingly. 

I'll tell you a secret...  The whole idea for me, is very exciting.  :)

So here I am.  Two months from possibly going to Denver.  I say possibly because the restaurant is still having problems with opening. See, in a historical district, there are rules and regulations about transforming a plain old building into a "new" old restaurant.  Signs have to be a specific size and color, apparently, and when renovating the inside there are certain things that have to be done all the while holding the integrity of the building in place.  Tricksy is what it is.  So the opening, which originally was supposed to happen in December, has been pushed out to February.  If everything goes to plan we will be moving out there in January... but if not we won't be going until a bit later.

Looks like I should probably start packing... <g>

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you! This is going to be an awesome change. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Erin!!!! I am proud of you!

    ReplyDelete